A Database is like a room specified for keeping all the important information and reports. Hence, it is the systematic organization of structured and unstructured data electronically which can be accessed electronically, and managed by Database Management System. Therefore, every organization needs a database for storing and sorting out its information and data. Consequently, this facility is only provided by the database management system software. Similarly, below is the list of the top five databases used in the development of web applications.
MySQL is the most well-known database used in 2022 in the world of computers. It is based on a structured collection of data. Therefore, its most popular application is web development solutions.
- MySQL can be easily deployed and managed.
- MySQL has atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability which is the most reliable app.
- As a Relational Database Management System, it has the ability to fast-loading utilities.
- It is highly secure for data.
- It is written in C and C++.
- MySQL software can be used and modified by anyone.
- MySQL is quick, reliable, and efficient in memory and its data is consistent.
- MySQL can work easily with a small amount of data, a large amount of data, clusters of machines, etc.
- It has different types of data like unsigned integers, signed integers, float, double, character, etc.
- It is also used for client and utility programs, such as the command line program.
In the business world, Oracle Database is the most extensively used Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). Moreover, it comes with the languages C, C++, and Java pre-installed. Fortunately, it’s a high-performance, cost-effective solution. Therefore, it is one of the industry’s most extensively used databases.
- Oracle has Real Application Clustering and Portability.
- Oracle has a high-performance computing system that makes the data available all the time.
- Oracle has comprehensive recovery features to bring back the data.
- Oracle occupies less space and processes the data faster.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system by Microsoft. Its basic function is storing and retrieving data. Therefore, this Microsoft database software provides support on-premise and in the cloud.
- Big Data Cluster: we can read, write, and process with the help of the Big Data Cluster.
- SQL Server has made easy the task of moving or copying the data for making queries.
- Big data cluster helps in Scalable HDFS storage which enhances the efficiency of big data storage.
- Big data cluster improves analyzing data that can be ingested and stored.
- The big data cluster also helps AI and ML with the stored data. The SQL Server has a lot of built-in AI tools such as R, Python, and Java. What you’ll love about SQL Server 2019.
PostgreSQL is written in C. it is a free and Open-Source Object-Relational database management system that deals with huge amounts of business data.
- PostgreSQL enhances the extensibility, reliability, and integrity of data.
- PostgreSQL has several constraints that ensure Data integrity.
- PostgreSQL supports SQL features like Multi-Version Concurrency Control, SQL sub-select, SQL queries, etc.
- PostgreSQL is also extensible in phases like JSON/SQL path expressions and stored procedures and functions.
Last year, MongoDB, a NoSQL database, will become one of the most commonly used databases. It’s the first software program to operate with a Document Database. It was first marketed in 2009. It’s an open-source Document-oriented Database that can store a bunch of data. It’s perfect for storing hierarchical data and is far faster than a relational database management system. MongoDB provides a lot of freedom to developers.
- MongoDB is capable of being easily upgraded on demand. Moreover, many organizations use it for creating clusters with more than a hundred nodes and millions of documents in the database.
- MongoDB is highly available on replica sets.
- As it stores data in the documents, it is easy to make changes in it – according to need.
- MongoDB can be utilized over other servers in case of hardware failure.
About the Author
This article was written and Optimized by Omar A. Malik. He’s an SEO Content Specialist and a Web Developer. Visit LinkedIn profile for more details. Omar A. Malik