Human beings have always surrounded themselves by music. Our ancient ancestors used wooden and stone “drums” and hollow sticks to produce a very primitive, but yet so desirable sounds. With the time musical instruments were developed from simplest to most complicated masterpieces. Along with instruments, the very perception of music has changed too. Nowadays it’s easy to literally live in music. Numerous programs, softwares, devices allow us to confine ourselves not only with music, but with the whole Media universe.
One of the better examples of music and media related softwares is Windows Media Player. This free product allows the user to listen to CDs, play music files, watch DVDs and shop online for additional media. Windows Media Player is available for any PC with Windows 95 and later versions.
Windows Media Player has two different versions:
- Windows Media Player Version 12, which automatically comes with Windows 7
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP and Vista
Each of these versions of Windows Media Player can be used to view videos, listen to music and do live streaming through sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
Additional benefits of Windows Media Player :
- It can be used to rip your CDs to your PC’s hard drive.
- Using Windows Media Player you can burn CDs or DVDs and then synchronize them with an mp3 player or iPod.
- The newer versions of Media Player does access to the Media Guide website with an extensive music list, movies, TV, internet, and radio programs – all of which can be used for free.
- For an easy access you can organize your Media Player files by actor/artist, genre, rating, etc .
Overall Windows Media Player is a wonderful feature, but only if you take the time to learn how to use it. Whether your passion is music, movies, news or TV programs, you will find that Windows Media Player is a great way to enjoy your favorite activities all from the comfort of your computer. If you are unsure of how to get the most from your Windows Media Player program, give us a call today. We would love to help you reap the benefits and use your Media Player to its full potential. We can’t wait to hear from you!