Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 is a brilliant tool for creating professional presentations. Not only college or university students use it but even corporate professionals feel that PowerPoint presentations are their strongest form of expression. Professionals, who want to clearly transfer their ideas to other clients, use MS PowerPoint 2007 as an effective mechanism to convey their ideas verbatim. What make a presentation better are visuals. As in most cases, unless you don’t use quality visuals in your presentation, your presentation won’t be able to make a long lasting impression. Therefore, this fact cannot be denied that visuals have their own importance in presentations.
For more information on Microsoft PowerPoint, please visit our What is PowerPoint page.
Sometimes, we find it necessary to add a video to our PowerPoint presentations but are bound because of some limitations. Adding a video to your presentation from YouTube is a mess if you don’t know how to embed it. If you aren’t a computer geek which usually most people aren’t, then it becomes a difficult task to download a YouTube video as it takes time. Therefore, to save your precious time, you should embed desired videos directly into your PowerPoint presentations. Luckily MS PowerPoint 2007 provides you an option through which you can easily embed a YouTube video into your presentation. Here is a step by step guide that will help you in embedding a YouTube video legally, and within no time.
- In order to accomplish this, you have to turn on the Developer Tab. To do this, click on Microsoft Office button on the top, then go to PowerPoint Option Button and click on it. A new box will appear where you will have to check the option “Show Developer Tab in Ribbon”.
- Now, when you have the Developer Tab in PowerPoint, select More Controls button in that Tab (it looks like a hammer and a wrench).
- As soon as you click on More Controls button, it will open up a new window. Select the option of adding Shockwave Flash Object. Now, with Shockwave Flash Object option, you can draw a box on your PowerPoint slide where you want to place your YouTube video.
- Once the box is created, right click on it and go to properties. The properties option will open up a new window where you will see details about the Shockwave Flash Object. Now, all you have to do is to paste the YouTube URL in the Movie property.
- It is important that you paste the YouTube URL in the specific format. The word “watch?” must be removed from the URL and the sign “=” must be replaced with “/”. Here is an example below
Formatted URL: http://www.YouTube.com/v/ZGoWtY_h4xo&feature/related
This is all you have to do in order to embed a YouTube video in your PowerPoint 2007 presentation. I guess you never imagined how simple it is to embed a video.
For more information and a video tutorial please visit, http://andheblogs.andyrush.net/embed-YouTube-in-PowerPoint-2007
LearningComputer.com is an elearning company with training on products like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Visual Basic, Java, SQL Server, Internet Marketing, SEO and many more topics on IT training and computer learning.