Photoshop is so inherent in our lives that we hardly notice it. Almost every image we see online, on TV, posters, magazines, and billboards, etc. was designed using Photoshop. The program that changed our perception of images was created in 1987 by two brothers Thomas and John Knoll, who later sold the distribution rights of Photoshop to Adobe System Incorporated.
Since then the Adobe Photoshop was widely used by designers, editors, artists, and other professionals (as well as amateurs) in their work, helping them to turn ordinary pictures into masterpieces.
Let’s look closer for Adobe Photoshop advantages, and why it has been so extremely popular for over two decades:
- Your work looks professional. Photoshop allows you to combine techniques, tones, and effects in such way that even a basic image will look like a work of art when you are finished.
- Adobe Photoshop is a timesaving product. Once knowing how to use it the work of editing will be done faster than while using any other tool.
- The program allows combining graphics with text. Although Adobe Photoshop is used primarily for photography editing, it also allows user to create different graphic design projects: greeting cards, business cards, posters, and others.
- Adobe Photoshop program gives new life to old pictures using Old Photo Restoration.
- Photoshop functionality can be extended by add-on programs such as Photoshop Plug-ins (Color Correction, Special Effects, 3D Effects), and Photoshop Tools (Pen Tool, Shape Tool, Measuring and Navigation, Selection Tools, etc.) allowing you to go beyond the limits of creativity.
- Capability to import both videos and photographs into Adobe Photoshop software. It is organized neatly on your screen, regardless of how many files you have or how large they are.
Of course, as with anything, there are some disadvantages to Photoshop.
- Adobe Photoshop is rather expensive due to being a program that is designed using source code. If you do not plan to use the program every day, you can find cheaper photo-editing software.
- Although it is user friendly the Photoshop program might be challenging for the beginners. Hence, we recommend that newbies take time to learn how the software works.
Adobe Photoshop is a wonderful tool that can be used by anyone willing to invest the time and money into learning its features. It allows one to take that basic photograph and transform it into piece of art. If you are interested in learning more about how Adobe Photoshop can benefit you, give us a call. We would love to teach you about this incredible program.
Adobe Photoshop CS6: Tips for working more efficiently
10 Killer Adobe Photoshop Tips For Designers
10 Photoshop Tips and Tricks for Beginners